So you’ve talked to us at Cascade Medical Boutique and we’ve decided on a treatment plan for your laser hair removal. It’s now a week before your first session. What can you do to prepare?
- Limit your sun exposure. Tans and sunburns can increase side effects. Make sure to use sunscreen daily during the time prior to your session, and no fake tanning!
- Stay away from hair removal procedures except for shaving. Plucking, waxing, and other methods disturb the hair follicle and may make your laser hair removal session less effective. Shaving can also reduce the pain of the treatment itself, so that’s a bonus! Check with your skincare professional about how far before the appointment you should shave.
- Take an appropriate amount of painkillers directly prior to the hair removal session, if your skincare professional says it’s okay.
- Don’t use moisturizer or deodorant on the area the day of the session, as the skin should be clean and bare.
- Engage in calming breathing exercises or meditation before the appointment and go into the session with a positive mind. You’re here to get rid of unwanted hair, things can only get better from here.
These basic steps should put you well in the running for a successful laser treatment. If you have any worries or doubts, please feel free to talk anything over with us.